Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Something about the (Beautiful) Life...

 (This post is a replica of one of my earlier posts.)
Sometimes it keeps me thinking as to how our lives are designed or run by the one
sitting above...!How he decides what to give you and what to me....or may be take
away from you and me!Why he makes some people really lucky while others not so
lucky?Well u know I really don't think these things so often 'coz I 'believe' that
I take life as it comes (Which History shows I really dont!But everyone has the
right to think good about himself.. ;) ) and don't want to indulge myself into the
questions which do not have obvious answers.


I read an article today and it basically dealt with the concept of 'Unfair Play of Life' and how most of us expect life to be good to us...which does not happen
all the time.Everytime something wrong happens to us ...we think within our souls,"This is not what I deserve!!!" Don't we?

To this the author quoted Marcus Cole's words,

" Wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us,come because we actually deserve them?So now take comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the Universe."

Cool!Isn't it?I mean I had the worst phase of my life once (Worst so far!) and it seemed that what I have got is not what I deserved. All my life I have always tried to do good to people, least harm them... why do I got that treatment from life! I certainly didn't deserve it. The first instinct of mine was of extreme loathing towards everything, everyone around me, towards everyone who was happy. But life moved on ... the inner hatred made me commit some more regrettable mistakes.

Time went by and one day I sat down to calculate my good times and my bad times. Started with my date of birth and chronically wrote everything (Well almost everything!) that has ever happened to me. Assigned each incident a "G" or a "B" for Good or Bad respectively. This exercise had two "G" effects :
1> It made me go back to all good times once again and feel the happiness of that period. Bad times didn't hurt at all because what I was going through then was worse than those.
2> I could very well see that the "Gs" in my life exceeded "Bs" by a huge margin. I could see that most of the time PEOPLE around me have been benign and good to me. Most of the time LUCK has favored me to accomplish what I probably couldn't have. Got LOVE and TRUST and the ability to carry my loved one's EXPECTATIONS and RESPECT.

So what if something went wrong this time. God (If there is one!) never promised me that he'll not let me see bad times my entire life. If something has gone wrong then let it be so. If I can do anything to better it, I would do ...If I can't then accept it and move on.
And although at that time, this idea didn't cure my wound, it certainly eased my pain. I agreed not to resist or crib against life and let it take its own course. It took a long time.
But as of now my life is back on track and I am doing just fine again.
Things that happened at those time made me learn a lot about life and
relationships.
I have learnt that there is no point complaining about each and everything.
I have learnt that success and failure are the crest and troughs of a wave
and you need to be patient at both ends.

May be I have understood what Bill Gates once said,

"Life is not fair;Get used to it!"

No comments: